Welcome to the Ajax | Pickering | Whitby chapter of 100 Women Who Care!
Are you a busy woman living and/or working in the Durham region and you want to support your community in a way that will make an immediate and profound difference?
If you can spare one hour and $100 per quarter ($400 per year) you can make a difference by joining other women like yourself to support local community causes that you have a part in selecting. If this commitment doesn’t work for you, you and a friend can become a team of two (so your commitment is $50 each).
Who would have ever imagined what the last year would bring! Our community’s need has increased tenfold, with more and more people experiencing hardship as the economic reality of this virus impact spreads.
Members of our group may have experienced a loss of income over the last number of months, and for that reason, our virtual meetings moving forward will be: pay what you can. Those who can, please submit your regular donation, and those whose circumstances have changed and need to reduce or skip a donation, there is no judgment, only love and support.
100 Women Who Care Ajax| Pickering | Whitby is perfect for you if you:
- are committed to helping others in our community, but are stretched for time
- want 100% of your donations to go directly to local charities
- want to be part of a powerful group of local women making an immediate, direct and positive effect on the lives of our neighbours
- want to learn more about the many worthy community service programs and organizations supporting Ajax, Pickering and Whitby
Come and join 100 Women Who Care Ajax | Pickering |Whitby
Here’s how it works…
- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting (quarterly or $400 total per year). With teams, the total quarterly commitment remains $100 and the team has one vote per meeting.* see update above
- Meetings are conducted in one hour
- Any member who has signed a Membership Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may submit a Charity Nomination Form to nominate an organization for consideration at a meeting.
- All Members even those who are unable to attend a meeting are required to send their donation via eTransfer to email@example.com before the meeting.
- We will hear from the three organizations randomly drawn (via Facebook Live event one week prior to meeting), each will make a five-minute presentation about that organization to the group. Following this, each member will then vote for one of the three organizations. Organizations under consideration must serve Durham Region and provide individual tax receipts to contributing members.
- After votes are tallied the selected organization will receive a group donation of potentially $10,000 or more!
- In case of a tie, members will vote again for the tied organization. If a tie persists, the membership will vote to either randomly select one of the tied organizations by draw or divide the group donation equally between the tied organizations.
- Each meeting will open with a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.